Sep 1, 2011

Waiting For The Next Genesis

We are now entering September and I want to keep track of where we are in the LRC patterns that we grew to love last year. I think the two maps below suggest we are still in the same pattern.

Sep 25, 2010

Sep 4, 2011

Almost identical and about a year apart in LRC terms. 345 days apart. Roughly 49 days per cycle as we are in the seventh cycle of the 2010-2011 LRC.

The warm up we are experiencing is the "big warm up" we've been talking about during each cycle this past year here in the Midwest through the Great Lakes region.

Sep 22, 2010
Nov 11, 2010
Dec 31, 2010
Feb 18, 2011
Apr 10, 2011
May 31, 2011
Jul 17, 2011
Sep 1, 2011

It will be interesting to see what happens in middle October when it cycles back around. It's been ingrained into my brain that the cycle will change come October as the troughs and ridges set up in slightly different areas of the continent.  I hope we can pool our efforts and watch the new cycle come alive! Exciting times!

And on that note, I admit, my time allotted for this analysis is limited so watching it live from last September until now is all I have currently, but if I had extra time I would follow this back into September of 2009 and see where the pattern was back then and watch it through the 2009-10 LRC year, etc.

The dates I chose to analyze were derived from the LRC calendar I try to keep up to date as best I can. The calendar can be found here. If there are any questions or thoughts on my research and analysis of the LRC or how I presented the material just let me know in the comments section of the blog. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment