Jul 12, 2011

The 'Big Warm Up" Repeats Again

The 'Big Warm Up' as named by WeatherWatch12 this year is the part of the pattern that brought Oshkosh an Indian summer in late September and early November, an exceptionally warm New Years Eve, subsequent warm-ups in mid February, early April, late May, and now this weekend. It's evident from the maps below that the jet stream and pattern features are further north but yet still plainly visible into mid July. It's gonna get hot this weekend and early next week (Jul 16-18).

(500mb map from May-31)

(500mb forecast from Jul-12 for Sunday Jul-17)

For more information on this part of the pattern please click on the "WeatherWatch12" text linked above. Jeremy Nelson drops knowledge on this feature and it's recurrence in this years LRC. I also had an entry about this part of the pattern back in April, it can be found here.

The dates I chose to analyze were derived from the LRC calendar I try to keep up to date as best I can. The calendar can be found here. If there are any questions or thoughts on my research and analysis of the LRC or how I presented the material just let me know in the comments section of the blog. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment