Oct 28, 2012

Intangible Arguments Within The 2012-13 Cycle

Hurricane Sandy.

It is unlikely that the moisture from Sandy will be a recurring feature in this years cycle. It is a tropical entity and while another ULL may form again in other cycles, the genesis placement, path, and strength will most certainly differ as the Jet steadily marches south.

But first. As I understand, the cycle breathes, the duration of the cycle oscillates inside a 1-2 day window on either side. My last map to map correlation had a duration of around 53 days. Reanalyzing, now that the end date (Oct-23) is real and not a forecast model, I now see something just a little different. 51 days.

(Sep-5, 2012)


(Oct-25, 2012)


The map comparison above and the image combining them below show Low's in similar position. More info on the ULL off of Florida from early September click here. And, obviously Hurricane #Sandy.

(Sep-5 and Oct-25)


If there are any questions or thoughts on my research and analysis of the LRC or how I presented the material just let me know in the comments section of the blog. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment