Nov 16, 2012

Actively Seeking A Cycle Length

On Nov-4 I posted about a seasonal twist. The outcome of the so-called twist led me down a path of a new and extended cycle duration leaving an unanswered question as to why. I passed on the attempt to answer the question. Instead I followed this new cycle duration for another 10 ish days until the patterns yet again switched on me. Or did they? The cycle duration flux is documented in the comments of the linked entry above. To make a long story short, time has pushed forth and the map comparison below is where I am at in the cycle as of this posting. I will call it "55-ish" days.

(Sep-29)


(Nov-25 | 18Z GFS Nov-16)


----

For the past year I've been working on a way to utilize the knowledge of cycling weather patterns. While I know there will be better ways to present the massive amounts of data in future renditions, with potential future partners, I decided I needed to pull the trigger with what I had built to see how it would perform in a real time environment. The host website will likely always be "under construction" but under most circumstances will always be in production. I invite everyone reading to gander at what I think our cycling weather patterns have to offer for weather and climate forecasting.



Click on the screen shot to navigate to the trends. I welcome all feedback on the site, the data, the 'model' output... anything, as it will help me improve/disregard the product in the future.

If there are any questions or thoughts on my research and analysis of the LRC or how I presented the material just let me know in the comments section of the blog. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment